As the largest non-governmental funding source of local health and human care programs, the Heart of Illinois United Way invests in critical education, income and health programs that impact thousands of lives throughout central Illinois.
Why should your organization choose the Heart of Illinois United Way as your partner for workplace giving?
- Our staff and volunteers offer great support and resources.
- Half-day training, online materials, printed collateral and more.
- We make giving back to the community easy and we'll walk with you every step of the way.
How do you start a workplace campaign?
Hundreds of local companies – from the largest headquarters to the smallest shops – run Heart of Illinois United Way campaigns in their workplace each year.
United Way staff and volunteers make it easy to get started ...
- We'll provide you with the materials and information to communicate to your employees as well as easy, and fun, ways to raise and collect the donations.
- You can make your campaign as involved or simple as you want; we encourage organizations to do what's right for their culture.
- Your employees will feel connected to our region by giving back in such an important way.
What are the benefits of running a United Way workplace campaign?
- Promotes a healthier and economically stronger community
- Enhances organization's image among key stakeholders and general public
- Offers leadership, development and team building opportunities for employees
- Improves employee morale, relations and retention
- Creates awareness of community issues and volunteer opportunities
- Provides a one-stop charitable giving opportunity to employees
Is your organization interested in participating in the Heart of Illinois United Way Campaign? Need more information? Call or email:
Stephen Peterson, Vice President of Resource Development
309-674-5181, ext. 1232
2016 United Way Campaign Chairs,
Tom Jenkins and Katie McCord-Jenkins
Both Tom and Katie are native to the Peoria area and have been involved in a variety of local organizations throughout their professional careers.
As long-time supporters of the Heart of Illinois United Way, they are grateful to be a part of helping the community in such an impactful way. Over the years, Tom and Katie have been continually impressed by the United Way's ability to assess community needs, to direct funds to programs addressing those needs, and to evaluate the positive impact United Way funding makes in central Illinois.
Tom works in technology and is a regional sales manager at Skyward Inc. He earned his bachelor's degree from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. Katie is president and chairperson of Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Company. She earned her bachelor's degree from Boston University and her MBA from Bradley University.
Of all the roles Tom and Katie fill in their busy life together, their favorites are "mom" and "dad" to their son Mac and daughter Arabella. They hope their efforts to give back to the community will continue to build a brighter future for all children who live within the area served by the Heart of Illinois United Way.
The community leaders who help make it all happen.
Top 20 Awards
Coordinator Corner – Campaign Tools You Can Use
Organizing a United Way Campaign in your workplace? The Heart of Illinois United Way has all the tools you need for a fun and successful campaign! Get Campaign Tools...
- Training Materials
- Ideas for Fun Campaigns
- Forms, Sample Messages and Talking Points
- Campaign Video
- Request a Logo or Artwork
- Agency Tours
- How to Order Supplies
Dollar-for-dollar grants from three generous corporate sponsors can double your new or increased contributions.
Members of the Pillars Society and Active Community Circle donate generously to the Heart of Illinois United Way.
Not part of a workplace campaign, retired or self-employed? You can donate, too!
Find out how to donate now...
Heart of Illinois United Way's 2015 Campaign raised more than $11.6 million, click here to read more.